Thursday, April 1, 2010

I digg it

Digg. Delicious. Reddit. Buzzflash. I thought they were pointless, unecessary websites that I wanted nothing to do with. After Wednesday's class I realized these websites could be more useful to me than I originally wanted them to. Digging websites is just like saving favorite links, but in a more organized fashion that is accessible to others as much as other's diggs are accessible to me.

Reading other diggs and burys is not always beneficial...in fact, I could see it as a real waste of time depending on who you are friends with. I am not interested in spending more time on my computer clicking at links that will give me stories dealing with "Michael Jackson's Bodyguard." Honestly, the only difference between this and the infamous Enquirer is the print vs. screen format.

What I do find useful are diggs that are beneficial to groups of people. For example, Digg would be extremely useful to a group of teachers using the site as a sharing process. Sharing resources is beneficial because of the progressive direction and creative ideas that come from sharing. I would interested in using Digg as part of my planning and sharing process when i become a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment